Clubs wax and wane. We are waning at the moment and need more players for our remaining fixtures this year. The ground and clubhouse are a good state. The Flowerpots is still serving excellent beer and the teas are scrummy.
We have no limits on age or ability. People play from 10 to 60 plus. Most games are timed: Start at 2pm, Tea at 5pm, Last twenty from 6pm. Finish as the pub opens on a Sunday. There are occasional 40 overs on Sunday and 20 overs in the evening.
What can you expect in the next few weeks (dates and times on the home page):
- Crawley Crows away next Sunday. Quality village ground and a friendly self-deprecating side.
- White Hunters away at Brockwood park. Delightful wooded setting with a shed for a pavilion. The grass is cut with scissors. 2 overs per bowler, batting order from the hat and most importantly for the White Hunters 😉 NOT OUT FIRST BALL!
- Tichborne Park away. Rivalry abounds between these against clubs. Will their overseas player play? Will we get all our young bucks involved. Will they underestimate the cunning of our older players. Who will drop the most catches. ……….. Again a lovely track and setting and they have a bar in the clubhouse!
- Oakley has been cancelled to give us more chance of getting side for the games mentioned here.
- Merlin CC at home. One of the newer teams on our fixture list. Back at Cheriton.
- Winchester College Staff away. Normally played on the Meads ground inside the flint walls of the college with tea taken in a colonnade. Hardest, flattest track of the year for us.
- Milburys at home. A friendly bunch of cricketers based at the Milburys Public House and the Holt cricket ground.
It’s never as serious as this:
New players are very welcome. Our match fees are £10 adults and £5 for juniors.
Please call Tom Lofts on 07771 556000 to enjoy a game of cricket with Cheriton CC.